Shepherd's Hut Details
Set on a raised grassy area in a former farmyard, Mowbarton Shepherd's Hut shares space with the vineyard store which houses the tractor and other equipment, sited on hard standing tucked away behind the Hut. The Hut has its own secluded paved terrace which looks south over grass, trees and the Somerset Levels.
- Bench seating for four (with storage space) plus polished oak table...
- ...which converts neatly into a superbly comfortable double bed
- Kitchen area with sink, small fridge, double hob, work unit, cupboard and drawers, complete with crockery, cutlery, glasses and cooking utensils
- Inside you will find a selection of local goodies welcoming you to Somerset; typically this will consist of home-made rolls plus Cheddar cheese, Rose Farm pickle and a flagon of Wilkins cider. Somerset milk and butter are also provided, along with staples such as coffee, tea and sugar. Depending on availability these will come from Wedmore shops - The Village Store or Hector's
- Hanging cupboard
- Log-burning stove - perfect for cosy winter nights and those summer evenings with a chill in the air!
- Door to compact bathroom with lavatory, hand basin and shower cubicle
- Car parking area behind the Hut (plus vineyard shed which can be used for cycle storage on request)
- Steps up to Hut
- Spacious and secluded terrace with table and chairs
- Two sun loungers with cushions
- Small storage shed for logs, suitcases etc
- Chimenea for cooler evenings
Beyond the paved area are grass and trees. There is also a meadow above the Shepherd's Hut which makes a perfect spot for picnics and has some sensational views over the Levels. There's even a table and chairs set up there to make life easy for you! A public footpath through this area and into the next field takes you towards Wedmore (30 mins walk)
- Bed linen and towels provided
- The Hut is double-glazed and fully insulated with sheep's wool
- Heating is by log burner, logs and kindling etc provided
No pets please; non-smokers only.
Please note: steps up to the terrace and the Hut make it unsuitable for wheelchair users or those who walk with difficulty.