Set in its own impressive walled garden, Mowbarton Barn sleeps up to nine.
Plenty of space - approx. 257sq.m/ 2,766 sq. ft
- Two separate, oak-beamed sitting rooms: one with log-burning stove - a lovely cosy room for when the evenings draw in, the other larger with three huge sofas for family get-togethers
- Free Wi-Fi plus TV with plenty of DVDs and board games
- Study, with desk and single sofa bed
- Magnificent sunroom - for dining or relaxing. Double doors on to terrace
- Kitchen: farmhouse dining table and chairs, large range cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, full range of crockery, cutlery, glasses plus cooking utensils and equipment. There's also a welcome waiting here - a selection of local goodies to introduce you to Somerset: typically this will consist of home-made bread plus Cheddar cheese, Rose Farm pickle and a flagon of Roger Wilkins cider. Somerset milk and butter are also provided, along with staples such as coffee, tea and sugar. Depending on availability these will come from Wedmore shops - The Village Store or Hector's
- Double utility - washing machine and tumble dryer, iron and ironing board plus stone sink as well as pulley drying rack, boiler etc
- Downstairs cloakroom
Four bedrooms, named in honour of Mowbarton's past:
- Hayloft: king-sized bed plus en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle
- Tractor Shed: linked beds making one king double or two singles, plus en suite shower room; and a glimpse of the vineyard tractor shed peeping through the trees across the lane!
- The Byre: double bedroom which looks across to the former dairy, and is next door to the family bathroom
- Pigsty!: bunk beds suitable for adults or children. Need we say more?
- Large family bathroom with bath, separate shower cubicle - and sensational views!
- Covered parking for up to three cars - plus additional parking not under cover
- Plenty of secure storage for bikes etc
- Private walled garden with barbecue, outdoor table and chairs, two separate terraced areas and a small lawn
- Access to meadow across the lane - a perfect picnic site with table and chairs and sensational views
Bed linen and towels provided
Electricity and oil central heating included
Starter basket of logs and kindling for log burner (winter guests)
Travel cot and highchair available - please ask. Also temporary stairgate if required.
Note: There are steps down to the garden and between some rooms on the ground floor. This makes Mowbarton Barn less suitable for wheelchair users, young toddlers and those with limited mobility.
Non-smokers only please.
Pets - only by prior arrangement